This is an automatically generated PDF version of the online resource lebanon.mom-gmr.org/en/ retrieved on 2024/07/15 at 16:10
Global Media Registry (GMR) & Samir Kassir Foundation - all rights reserved, published under Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
Samir Kassir Foundation
Global Media Registry

Al-Mustaqbal (Discontinued)

(Disclaimer: This outlet is currently closed. Nevertheless, we have decided to include it in the study in order to mark these developments given their pertinent connections to the political class.)

Al-Mustaqbal newspaper was founded by late Lebanese Prime Minister Rafik Hariri in June 1999. It supports the political views of the Future Movement, which is headed by former Lebanese Prime Minister Saad Hariri. This newspaper suffered a financial crisis in 2015, prompting the dismissal of employees and a delay in payment of salaries. On Thursday, January 10, 2019, Al-Mustaqbal newspaper’s management announced that it had decided to stop issuing the paper version of the newspaper, starting from February 1, and to become a completely digital newspaper, later accompanied by the “Future Web” website and the “Web TV” service.

Key facts

Ownership Type

Private - Lebanese Joint Stock Company

Geographic Coverage

National

Content Type

Paid

Data Unavailable

ownership data is not publicly available, company/channel denies the release of information or does not respond, no public record exists

1 ♥

Media Companies / Groups

Arab United Press Corp SAL

Ownership

Ownership Structure

Arab United Press Corp is owned by the Hariri family (Saad, Nazik, Bahaa, Ayman, Hind, Fahd) 98%; the remaining 2% are owned by four political advisors and business partners of Saad Hariri.

Voting Rights

Missing Data

Individual Owner

Media Companies / Groups
Facts

General Information

Founding Year

1999

Affiliated Interests Founder

 Rafik Hariri

former Prime Minister (1992-2008; 2000-2004), assassinated in 2005.

Affiliated Interests Ceo

Hani Hammoud

Prime ministers Rafik and Saad Hariri’s political and media advisor.

Affiliated Interests Editor-In-Chief

Hani Hammoud

Prime ministers Rafik and Saad Hariri’s political and media advisor.

Affiliated Interests other important people

Saad Al-Alayli

General Manager

Contact

Website: www.almustaqbal.com

Phone: +961 (1) 746 301

Financial Information

Revenue (in Mill. $)

Missing Data

Operating Profit (in Mill. $)

Missing Data

Advertising (in % of total funding)

Missing Data

Market Share

Missing Data

Further Information

Meta Data

2024 audience share for all outlets is based on data provided by ELKA. Cumulative amounts are used to assess the audience share indicator. 2024 and 2021 data on shareholder fractions, company information, revenue, and management are acquired by the collaborative investigative efforts of SEEDS for Legal Initiatives and the Samir Kassir Foundation. Audience share data is unavailable for online outlets.

  • Project by
    Samir Kassir Foundation
  •  
    Global Media Registry
  • Funded by
    BMZ
  •  
    Logo of Kingdom of Netherlands