This is an automatically generated PDF version of the online resource retrieved on 2024/05/22 at 10:19
Global Media Registry (GMR) & Samir Kassir Foundation - all rights reserved, published under Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
Samir Kassir Foundation
Global Media Registry

Al Mustaqbal

Al Mustaqbal newspaper was founded by late Lebanese Prime Minister Rafik Hariri in June 1999. It supports the political views of the Future Movement, which is headed by current Lebanese Prime Minister Saad Hariri. This newspaper suffered a financial crisis in 2015, prompting the dismissal of employees and a delay in payment of salaries. Hani Hammoud, the former General Manager of Radio Orient is the Editor-in-Chief and Chairman of the Board, and Saad Al-Alayli is the General Director.

Key facts

Audience Share


Ownership Type


Geographic Coverage


Content Type


Data Publicly Available

ownership data is easily available from other sources, e. g. public registries etc.

2 ♥

Media Companies / Groups

Arab United Press Corp SAL


Ownership Structure

Arab United Press Corp is owned by the Hariri family (Saad, Nazek, Bahaa, Ayman, Hind, Fahd) 98%; the remaining 2% are owned by four political advisors and business partners of Saad Hariri.

Voting Rights

Missing Data

Individual Owner

Group / Individual Owner


Media Companies / Groups

General Information

Founding Year



Rafik Hariri, former Prime Minister (1992-2008; 2000-2004), assassinated in 2005.


Hani Hammoud, Prime Minister Saad Hariri’s political and media adviser and late Prime Minister Rafik Hariri's media advisor.


Hani Hammoud

Other Important People

Saad Al-Alayli, General Manager.


Phone: +961 (1) 746 301

Al Mustaqbal Website

Financial Information

Revenue (in Mill. $)

Missing Data

Operating Profit (in Mill. $)

Missing Data

Advertising (in % of total funding)

Missing Data

Market Share

Missing Data

Further Information

Meta Data

Audience share for newspapers is based on IPSOS data (average readership 2016 and 2017).

  • Project by
    Samir Kassir Foundation
    Global Media Registry
  • Funded by