This is an automatically generated PDF version of the online resource retrieved on 2024/07/16 at 03:31
Global Media Registry (GMR) & Samir Kassir Foundation - all rights reserved, published under Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
Samir Kassir Foundation
Global Media Registry

Sawt El Mada

Sawt El Mada was founded on June 1, 2009 and obtained its license that same year. State Minister Pierre Raffoul of the Free Patriotic Movement has been the CEO since its inception. It is broadcast throughout all Lebanese regions and can be heard on the following frequencies: 92.5, 92.7, and 92.9 FM. It has a diverse network of programs: in addition to political news around the clock, it also presents artistic, entertainment, cultural, sports, social, and political programs. It also carries out radio production activities. Raja Sawaya is the executive director.

Key facts

Audience Share


Ownership Type


Geographic Coverage


Content Type

Free Content

Data Publicly Available

ownership data is easily available from other sources, e. g. public registries etc.

2 ♥

Media Companies / Groups

Al Mada Group SARL


Ownership Structure

Sawt El Mada is the radio station affiliated with the Free Patriotic Movement (FPM), founded by President Michel Aoun. FPM MP Elias Bou Saab owns directly 24% of the shares and, through his holding Jets Holding SAL, 75%, therefore a total ownership of 99%.

Voting Rights

Missing Data

Individual Owner

Group / Individual Owner

Fawzi Moutran

Fawzi Moutran is a Lebanese lawyer.

Media Companies / Groups

General Information

Founding Year



Elias Bou Saab, former Minister of Education (2014-2016) and Member of Parliament (since 2018).


Pierre Raffoul, Minister of State for Presidential Affairs (since 2016).


Raja Sawaya (Executive Director)


P.O. Box 90-1346

Phone: +961 (3) 492 020

| | | Sawt El Mada Website

Financial Information

Revenue (in Mill. $)

Missing Data

Operating Profit (in Mill. $)

Missing Data

Advertising (in % of total funding)

Missing Data

Market Share

Missing Data

Further Information

Meta Data

Audience share for radio stations is based on IPSOS data (Q1, Q2 and Q3 of 2017).

  • Project by
    Samir Kassir Foundation
    Global Media Registry
  • Funded by
    Logo of Kingdom of Netherlands